Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Start from the Beginning!

I have titled my journal "The Prodigal Clown's Journal" because I see it as my slow journey back to my heavenly Father, of whom I have been very very far from all these years.

Yes I still considered myself a Christian and I believe in Him but in terms of obedience that is a whole different story.

The prodigal son had always believe he has a father. But he just choose not to listen to him. Kinda of like me lah!

I still do have my bad habits and my addictions I struggle to break. But I do want to return to the arms of my heavenly Father who has been so faithful and gracious to be all these years (even through I have been a lousy child).

This is why I am very encourage by today's reading on my daily bread. At the very beginning of my new journey with Christ (again), He reminds me to return to the simple childlike faith and ask God for forgiveness .

Matthew 18:1-5 (New International Version)
The Greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven
1At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?"
2He called a little child and had him stand among them.
3And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
4Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
5"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me.
My Prayer!
Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank You for your love to me and for all the blessing you have given to me even through I have not been an obidient child of yours. Please help me to come back to you in simple childlike faith and to obidient to you just like a child will have faith and be obidient to the Father.
Please give me the dicipline to spend time with you everyday!
In Jesus name I pray,
AMEN!

1 comment:

Since 6th of Jan 2009

Best College for A-Level, AUSMAT and Early Childhood Education