Thursday, January 15, 2009

God will take care of it!....I pray!

The traditional thinking among most Chinese people is that one must buy a house and a car before even thinking about marriage!

WHAT?!?! Cannot afford a house ah?!?! How to get married?!?! Sure got problems one!!

I have seen many couples and family break apart even when they have a house.
A house is not a home!
A happy home does not need to be a big house with the latest IKEA furniture!!!

Coming from just below average income with no big inheritance to fall back on at the start of my life is ok for me! I don't mind!

But having expectation of earthly riches as a pre-condition to start a family is just unfair!
Personally I don't care what people think or say!
Unfortunately some people I have to go through to get married have this expectation!!

WHAT DO I DO?!?!
ROB A BANK!?!?!
Play 4D?!?
CHEAT, BRIBE, STEAL?!?!

NO WAY!!!
This is a test for me!
I will rely on God to provide all my needs!
Including a good wife!
I know God has already done so, in fact!

Be comfort my soul with the Word of God!
For there lays the source of my strength and hope!

Matthew 10:27-31 (New International Version)
27What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight;
what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs.
28Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul.
Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
29Are not two sparrows sold for a penny[a]?
Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father.
30And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
31So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
My Prayer!
Dear Lord!
I cry to you in this troubled times! As Joanne and I face opposition and hardship, we rely on you for strength and provision for all our needs! Give us wisdom to face this difficulities and grant us victory that we can emerge for this battle without destroying any relantionships. Lord! Do not let the evil one destroy this family but build us up in the love and oneness of your Son Jesus Christ!
In Jesus Name I pray!
AMEN!

2 comments:

  1. To encourage you - we got married with just RM 1000 in our name. Borrowed car, rented a small house and today we have our own home (though technically the bank owns the house ... but still!! :-))and 2 cars (both second hand cars that are 12 and 13 years old but still!!! :-))

    God is good!!

    ReplyDelete

Since 6th of Jan 2009

Best College for A-Level, AUSMAT and Early Childhood Education