Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Harder to spend time with God when all is good!

I found this truth in struggling for quiet time with God!
Whenever trials and problems comes my way, I will always have time to spend with God! However when times are good, I always have problems looking for time with God!

I know God isn't just someone you can call to come and go as and when you like!

I KNOW THIS!
But knowing this and doing something about it is 2 different things!

I do always give glory to God and praise Him for all his blessing and grace in my life. But somehow I know this is not enough!

SO how do I force myself to have more urgency in spending time with Him?!?

?????? I don't' know!


Anyway my QT reading today is....

Genesis 17:15-22 (New International Version)
15 God also said to Abraham, "As for Sarai your wife, you are no longer to call her Sarai; her name will be Sarah. 16 I will bless her and will surely give you a son by her. I will bless her so that she will be the mother of nations; kings of peoples will come from her."
17 Abraham fell facedown; he laughed and said to himself, "Will a son be born to a man a hundred years old? Will Sarah bear a child at the age of ninety?" 18 And Abraham said to God, "If only Ishmael might live under your blessing!"
19 Then God said, "Yes, but your wife Sarah will bear you a son, and you will call him Isaac. [
a] I will establish my covenant with him as an everlasting covenant for his descendants after him. 20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a great nation. 21 But my covenant I will establish with Isaac, whom Sarah will bear to you by this time next year." 22 When he had finished speaking with Abraham, God went up from him

The only thing that jumps out at me when reading this was......Ishmael did not seem to be part of God's plan at first. In fact Ishmael came as a result of Sarah and Abraham's lack of faith from God! Yet God said that He will "surely bless him" as well!!!
Wow how wonderful is God's grace for us!! It seem limitless!! But I know better that to tempt God in this area!! I know I need to fear and give reverence to Him!

I KNOW THIS!!
But knowing this and doing something about it are 2 different things!!

ARGH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since 6th of Jan 2009

Best College for A-Level, AUSMAT and Early Childhood Education